This year, International Holocaust Memorial Day commemorates the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. It is a time to remember, and honour, the lives lost and the lives affected by this tragic period in human history. The best way to pay homage to their memory is to take stock of how well we have learned the lessons of this period in order to prevent their ever happening again. For this reason, CEJI is launching a new initiative under the hashtag #ParisPedagogiques so that teachers are practically equipped to prevent and confront racism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia in all its forms.
What is #ParisPedagogiques?
Following the unrest in Ferguson last summer, Dr. Marcia Chatelain of Georgetown University, asked professors who used Twitter to talk about Ferguson and to use #FergusonSyllabus to recommend texts, collaborate on conversation starters, and inspire dialogue about some aspect of the Ferguson crisis. Slowly high school teachers, early education specialists, guidance counselors, and middle-school instructors wanted ideas too. #ParisPedagogiques is inspired by #FergusonSyllabus and refers to the barbaric recent events in Paris. Paris is also a play with 'pari', a bet or challenge. #ParisPedagogiques equips teachers with practical resources to prevent and confront racism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia in all its forms. Scroll down for resources and to see who is using the hashtag and how on Twitter and elsewhere.
Contribute your ideas by including #ParisPedagogiques in your tweets, status updates, blog entries...!
- Education Citoyenne à la Diversité 2015 - Lignes Directrices et Considerations à l’Usage des Decideurs et des Praticiens
- Citizenship Education for Diversity 2015 - Guidelines and Considerations for Policy Makers and Practitioners
- Conseils pour un dialogue ouvert avec les enfants au sujet des attentats de Paris
- Advice for open dialogue about the Paris attacks with children
- Belieforama Snapshots - Stories of Change
- Facing Facts! Hate Crime Monitoring Guidelines
- UNESCO's guidelines for educators on countering Islamophobia
- Teaching Materials to Challenge anti-Semitism
- Remembering the Holocaust, fostering tolerance - remembrance and education in the 57 participating States of the OSCE
- The International Status of Education about the Holocaust
- A great example of creative activism against racism
- Empowering Children in the Aftermath of Hate - A Guide for Educators and Parents
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Anti-Bias Resources
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL): Helping Students Make Sense of News Stories about Bias and Injustice
- Les Itinéraires de Citoyenneté: Prévenir et combattre le racisme et toutes les formes de discriminations
- Djihad : la comédie qui explique une tragédie
- Animations sur la diversité de l'humanité
- La Ville de Neukölln transforme un établissement en échec scolaire en un site d'éducation d'excellence
- "Ein Mensch ist ein Mensch"
- Managing 'hot moments' in the classroom
- Fox News tried to embarrass their town, but these kids kicked their butt so hard.
#ParisPedagogiques on Twitter
#ParisPedagogiques elsewhere on the web
Check out our new #ParisPedagogiques 'tagboard'.