CEJI is looking for a Full-Time Finance and Administration Officer!
***La description de poste en français est disponible en PDF ci-dessous***
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Payables, receivables and payments processing
- Encoding and bookkeeping with knowledge of the accounting software, preferably including VERO Wolters Kluwer
- Payroll management, employee related administration, contacts with Secretariat Social and Sodexo; Contacts with insurance company re: employees and volunteers
Management Accounting and Overall Financial Planning
- Budgeting and integrating projects budgets into general budget
- Allocation of income, expenses and overheads between different projects
- Quarterly balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statement preparation
- Budget reports as needed on structural expenses and revenues, project expenses and revenues
- Monitoring of project accounts, control of expenditure against budgets; Calculating staff costs to allocate to various projects
End of year financial operations under the supervision of external accountant
- Preparation of annual accounts: balance sheet, profit and loss statement, result allocation
- Handling audit of annual accounts in collaboration and under supervision of external auditor
- Preparation for and management of external audits by EU and private foundations
Fundraising: Grant application and compliance
- Financial and administrative support to the staff members in the fundraising process
- Compliance of grants with EU or private foundations’ regulations
- Financial reports on projects to European Commission, Belgian authorities and private foundations
The Board and General Assembly Meetings
- Ensuring Board and General Assembly Meetings are in accordance with the Belgian legislation requirements
- Preparation of financial documentation and reporting for the Board and General Assembly Meetings.
- Publications in the Moniteur Belge
Office Management tasks
- Liaising with suppliers, maintenance of office equipment and computers and insurance management
- Acting as point of reference for general office operating needs
Profile: knowledge of Belgian accounting legislation, 4 – 5 years experience in accounting and financial management, experience in reporting to the EU institutions, fluent French/English, fully computer literate, good interpersonal skills, able to work independently and a good team-player.
Full time position (5 days / week)
Start Date: Immediately
Application Procedure: Send CV and motivation letter to Ms. Robin Sclafani, CEJI Director, before February 15, 2022: email@example.com
This job description can also be downloaded as a PDF here.