CEJI is Looking For a Part Time Junior Hate Speech Monitor
CEJI is looking for a Junior Hate Speech Monitor. This is a one-month part-time contract.
In the framework of the EU-funded project, CEJI is looking for a Junior Hate Speech Monitor to monitor antisemitic hate speech with specific focus on Belgium. The person will work with two other staff members to develop, customise, and update a list of keywords to inform the monitoring work, as well as to participate in a monitoring exercise running in the month of October.
Specific tasks include
• Participation in a one-day online training organised for project’s partners;
• Development and update a lexicon to identify antisemitic hate speech online;
• Monitoring online spaces and social platforms;
• Keeping track of online reports and data from monitoring exercise.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and basic database management experience.
• Good knowledge of social platforms functioning (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn,
Twitter, TikTok, YouTube).
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Resourceful, determined, and diligent in the search for information.
• Detail-oriented in note-taking and keeping good records.
• Proactive to take initiative and solve problem.
• Good understanding of antisemitism and other forms of discrimination.
• Ability to work independently and with an international team.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work on a deadline.
Profile: fluent in French, English. Dutch is an asset
Part-time position: 2 days /week, schedule to be discussed based upon availability
Start Date: September 29, 2022
Application Procedure: Send CV and motivation letter to Melissa Sonnino, Facing Facts Director – email@example.com by September 28th, 2022 at 17:00 CET.
Click here to download the job description in PDF.
CEJI’s mission is to make a Jewish contribution to an inclusive Europe through diversity education, anti-discrimination advocacy, and facilitating Jewish participation. www.ceji.org