Facing Facts is Looking for a Communications Officer!
The Facing Facts Network is looking for a talented and driven Communications Officer to develop and implement our communications strategy for the next four years.
Specific tasks include:
- Set up and coordinate internal communication systems
- Generate Facing Facts’ visibility in traditional and online media to support Network outreach and enlargement
- Manage the social media and website channels of the Facing Facts Network
- Integrate and ensure consistency across the online presence of the Network including the e-learning platform Facing Facts Online
- In close cooperation with the Facing Facts Network team, plan, edit and write content for a variety of communications mediums, such as newsletters, website and blogs
- Develop basic graphic design elements such as infographic and short videos/GIF
- Coordinate the work of graphic designers and video editors on an as needed-basis
- Work with our programme evaluator to ensure that ongoing evidence is integrated into communications planning and implementation
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Marketing, PR, journalism, communication or a related field
- Min 5 years of experience in a communications role
- Excellent written English. Spanish and German are an asset
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Strong editing, proofreading, layout & design
- Previous experience in developing and implementing communications strategies for small, but growing organisations involving diverse platforms, including social media
- Self organised and proactive in taking the initiative to propose and sustain efficient working procedures and relationships
- Resourceful and problem-solving
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools
- Knowledge of Canva or other basic graphic design systems
- Knowledge of Mail chimp and WordPress
- Experience in the field of non-discrimination and human rights
- Experience of conducting communications work for a multidisciplinary organisation
- Experience with Moodle platforms or other online e-learning systems
What we offer:
This is a full-time position based in Brussels at CEJI, the Facing Facts Network secretariat.
Salary: 3200 euros/month gross and eventual benefits
Start Date: 1st September 2022
The Facing Facts Network is a multi-disciplinary, cross community partnership that is at the heart of efforts to improve responses to hate crime and hate speech in Europe. We are thrilled to have recently received funding to significantly expand our work and membership. With a supportive and flexible team continuously seeking to innovate, this position will allow you to challenge yourself and to grow professionally. Our members are at the centre of what we do and we have ambitious plans to support them to learn, share, connect and influence key partners across the EU on an increasingly urgent and high profile agenda.
The person will report directly to the Director and work closely with project coordinators.
Send your CV and motivation letter to Facing Facts Director Melissa Sonnino at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22.07.2022 at 12:30pm.
Click here to download the job description in PDF.